Srividya Gopalakrishnan is a featured speaker at the Portfolio Valuations Workshop for Alternative Investment Funds organized by the Singapore Venture Capital Association on July 24 in Singapore. This is a FTS recognized external program eligible for 5.5 hours of CPD hours. The workshop aims to provide answers to the questions below and discuss various issues and best practices:
- Why do fund managers from the alternative asset industry (private equity, venture capital, hedge funds, etc.) need their investment portfolios valued?
- What approaches are applied to value the significant parts of their investments, which are illiquid and not part of an observable market?
- How long can a cost approach be used, and does this differ from industry to industry and for different levels of maturity?
- Is it necessary to use complicated mathematical models to value structured transactions? Is “calibration” necessarily a “market participant” assumption? Are there specific guidelines for portfolio valuations?
- Who are the key regulators in this market, and what are the implications of recent regulations?
Schedule: 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (SGT)
Duff & Phelps advised BioNTech AG on the collaboration deal with Pfizer
$130 million credit facility
September 11-12, 2019 Paris